I'm the worst blogger ever. : > Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything new. Life with 2 little boys is busy, what else can I say?
Anyway, here are some things that have happened since I posted last:
August
The boys and I, and Bumpa Ben took a trip to Eugene to visit Bama Debbie. We stopped by McMinnville to see the Evergreen Air and Space Museum and the Spruce Goose on the way down. The boys are totally into the Spruce Goose and they really loved sharing it with Bumpa.
September
Owen started preschool. He goes to Encompass Preschool and LOVES it and we've really enjoyed the free parenting classes offered by Encompass. Oliver is also enjoying having Mommy to himself for a couple hours 3 times a week. :)
October
Oliver turned 2. We had a costume party for him (his birthday is 2 weeks before Halloween, so I figured everyone would welcome an excuse to get a second shot at wearing their costumes).
Also, this Halloween was the first that the boys actually understood what was going on. After the first house, Owen took off running and it was hard to keep up with him. They were so cute in their costumes, Owen was a rhino (of course) and Oliver was a lion.
November
I don't remember much about November, but I'm sure I was thankful to be able to be home with my boys enjoying every minute of their growth and development.
December
We took the boys to see my old orchestra teacher and the middle school orchestra play at the Seattle Center House. The boys LOVED watching the instruments, and sat mesmerized through the entire 30 minute performance. Afterwards, Owen started asking me when he could play violin too.
We had a great Christmas here at home. We took the boys to see the drummers at Snowflake Lane in Bellevue, and Oliver was absolutely awed by all the drums. While Owen is totally into the stringed instruments, Oliver is fascinated with percussion. The boys really enjoyed the Christmas pageant at Mercer Island Presbyterian Church, getting to sing all the Christmas carols and the live musicians made it really special. On Christmas morning, the boys could hardly wait to open all their presents! But as soon as the opening was over Owen insisted that we clean up "all the mess." :)
January
In December Owen started asking if he could take violin lessons, so we decided to get him lessons for Christmas. :) He was ecstatic to find a tiny Owen-sized (1/32) violin under the tree! His lessons started in January, and his teacher is awesome! I am so proud of how well Owen is doing at his lessons. He's doing Suzuki, so there are also group lessons every other week to go to and Owen really likes watching the other kids play.
The weather has been really mild this winter, so the boys have been spending lots of time at the park with Daddy. Oliver's favorite activity to do at the park? Hitting golf balls with his tiny chipping iron! He has a great follow-through and everything, so naturally Kevin is super excited about that.
February
Oliver started Little Gym classes. He hasn't been to Little Gym since he was 1 and it's obvious that he doesn't really remember it. His favorite part of class is still the balls though! Funny how he gravitates towards the same sort of balls that Owen used to give him while Oliver was sitting in his carseat during Owen's class.
Owen played at group lessons for the first time! He was so excited to play with the big kids, he could barely contain himself. :)
. . . which brings us to March
I am going to try to post more. I think I was too focused on pictures before, which held me up because I kept forgetting to download the pictures from our camera. : > So there may be less pictures now, but I will try to post atleast 2 times each month.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
Welcome back to blogging!!
Post a Comment