Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hot Weather

This past weekend it was so hot here! It went from being 60 and overcast to 93 with absolutely no clouds - crazy! We even had a pretty spectacular thunderstorm saturday night with lots of lightning, but the kids didn't seem to mind. Since it was hot, we spent a lot of time inside with the air conditioning on (so glad we got the AC, total lifesaver).Here's Owen with his "bling" as daddy taught him to say. He has a bunch of these mardi-gras necklaces that we got from all kinds of places that he loves to wear. You have to be really careful to not let him have them in his room or unsupervised though, daddy just finished fishing about 4 necklaces out of the heat vent in Owen's room!
Oliver hanging out - he's really into his feet!
Did I mention Oliver likes Owen's "bling" too? It's great to grab at!
One morning we built Owen a table and a chair out of his cardboard brick blocks and he sat there eating breakfast with Bubble. :)
Auntie Effie-Ranza came over too. Here she is reading "I'm Dirty" to Owen (consequently, he now loves saying "I'm dirty").
It was so hot that we put out the pool, here is Kevin enjoying the cool water with Owen.
"Splash Mommy, I'm all wet!" says Owen
We put Oliver in the water too, since he had just eaten a biter biscuit I thought the pool would be a great way to clean him off. Oliver, however, did not appreciate the pool and let everyone in the entire neighborhood know at the top of his lungs!
*oops, didn't notice I forgot to rotate this pic until I posted, sorry!
Auntie Effie-Ranza rescued Oliver and he's clinging to her after the horrible experience in the pool. :) He loves his Auntie.
Uncle Jeremy was in town too, but we put him to work with the miniature barbeque. The burgers and hotdogs were delicious!

No comments: