Monday, March 31, 2008

Bestest Birthday Ever!

Yesterday was my 28th birthday. Kevin had all sorts of wonderful surprises planned for me. He certainly set the bar high, I don't know how I'm going to top this performance when Kevin's birthday comes around.
I woke up to find Kevin and Owen baking a cake. Owen absolutely loves to watch the mixer, so he was in hog heaven!
Isn't the cake beautiful? What you can't see is that it's covered in yummy lemon glaze. I am floored that my husband is such a great baker - who knew? This was the lightest, fluffiest, yummiest lemon cake ever.
Owen playing in the snow.
We walked around the neighborhood to enjoy the snow. I'm sure you can tell that we took this picture ourselves. Unfortunately, of the 5 pictures I took, this is the only picture where nobody got cut off.
Here's me and the boys. Oliver looks like that poor little kid in A Christmas Story movie, he's so bundled up the poor thing could barely move!
Kevin and I enjoying wonderful chocolate and Bailey's Irish Cream fondue. He surprised me with dinner at the Melting Pot in Bellevue, which we've never been to before. What a yummy and fun dinner!


No comments: